Friday 11 April 2008

On the Campaign Trail

It as been a great week in the campaign- we have started to make some real progress with canvassing and have had an opportunity to meet a good number of residents in the ward.
Its always a difficult balancing act- wanting to get round to every door to make sure that everyone can have their say whilst also wanting to give everyone time to talk things through properly.
What I find most remarkable is how generous people are being with their time. Both those who are helping out with the campaign and those who answer their doors and take the time to let me know where they stand on the key issues.
I believe that it is the first duty of councillors, and therefore candidates for council, to make themselves available and to meet as many residents as possible. One of the real advantages of local democracy is that you can meet a large part of your ward on a regular basis.
I see this blog as fitting in with that theme. As I have stated before, I am very open to questions, feedback and debate and hope to make this a useful channel for residents to get in touch.
More from the campaign to follow...

No comments: